Dr. Ian Landells MD, FRCPC
Dr. Landells has been practicing cosmetic dermatology since 1998 and was the first physician in Newfoundland to begin injecting Botox® and fillers cosmetically. In 1998, he trained with Alistair and Jean Carruthers, the world renowned pioneers of Botox® Cosmetic in Canada.
He graduated from Memorial University of Newfoundland Medical School in 1988, practiced two years Family Medicine in St. John’s NL, then went on to study Paediatric Medicine at the Janeway Child Health Centre in St. John’s. This was followed by Dermatology at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver B.C, and a fellowship in Paediatric Dermatology at Northwestern University and Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago IL, finishing in 1996. At present, Dr. Landells holds these positions: Past President – Canadian Dermatology Association / Clinical Chief – Division of Dermatology for Eastern Health / Clinical Associate Professor – Disciplines of Medicine and Paediatrics with the Faculty of Medicine at Memorial University of Newfoundland / Medical Director – Dermatology at Nexus Clinical Research / Editorial Board Member for the International Journal of Dermatology, Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery and Dermatology Times of Canada.
Awards & Distinctions
- President, Canadian Dermatology Association – 2010
- President Elect, Canadian Dermatology Association – 2009
- Vice-President, Canadian Dermatology Association – 2008
- Young Dermatologist’s Volunteer Award, Canadian Dermatology Association – 2008
- President, Atlantic Provinces Dermatology Association – 2003-2004
- Chief Resident, Dermatology Residency Program, University of British Columbia – Jan 1994 – Jan 1995
- M. O. Morgan Scholarship for Academic Excellence, Memorial University of Newfoundland – Apr 1984
- Nexus Clinical, Research Principal Investigator & Medical Director – May 2004 – present
- The Landells Institute of Clinical Research, Principal Investigator & Medical Director – Aug 2002 – May 2004
- NewLab Clinical Research Inc. St. John’s, NL, Principal Investigator and Sub-investigator – June 1999 – 2002
- St. John’s, NL, Dermatology Practice – July 1996 – present
- Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, Affiliate Attending Physician – July 1995 – July 1996
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Student Health Clinic, St. John’s, NL, Staff Physician – Jan 1991 – Apr 1991
- Canadian Medical Association
- Newfoundland & Labrador Medical Association
- Canadian Dermatology Association
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Society of Paediatric Dermatology
- Atlantic Provinces Dermatology Association
I've been battling with Rosacea and Melasma for the past few years, and had no luck with treating my conditions until I started seeing Dr. Landells and his staff. Through education of my conditions and using top notch products I have learned how to manage my skin and it has never looked healthier. Thank you to an amazing group of people.
My first visit to The Landells Clinic was so pleasant and I was beyond impressed! My experience was everything I could have asked for and more - the professional staff are so informative and helpful. After a quick consultation I was put on the right path to determine a foundational skincare routine (super newbie here) and my treatment gave me the boost of confidence I was hoping for. Highly, highly, recommend.
I went to The Landells Clinic over 20 years ago seeking a simplified skin regimen on professional advice supported by a dermatologist. I have been more than pleased with Landells' honest advice and never felt a product or procedure was recommended if it was not truly beneficial for my needs and goals. I recently tried the Secret PRO witty PRP and was thrilled! I did not tolerate microneedling well but found this procedure infinitely more comfortable. I will definitely incorporate it as part of my regular maintenance. I'm 53 years old and strangers still compliment my skin; a true testament to the professional advice at The Landells Clinic. I couldn't be happier,
Had the pro fractional laser skin resurfacing for my acne scars. I've been struggling with acne scars for close to 10 years and feel like I've tried everything. The staff was incredibly helpful, informative and professional. The procedure itself, although a bit long (2-3 hours) was in a comfortable setting. The laser itself lasted 20-25 minutes, but wow. After two weeks I can already see incredible results. Seriously a life changing procedure for those with acne scars. Amazing, thank you to the clinic.